I'd seen all I needed, I jumped up and declared that this was going to be part of the "nibblies" meal Kari and I were trying to figure out for that night. And I did it! God help me, I did it! And you can do it too! Just consider yourselves warned: unless you have a bucket of water nearby, DO NOT eat more than three of these! One of these is probably half your daily sodium intake.
So, here's how you make them:
Deep Fried Bacon-Wrapped Pickles (for 8 pieces)
- 2 high-quality dill pickles, quartered into spears
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Take piece of bacon and wrap tightly around pickle spear.
- Place oil in a small saucepan, allowing for enough depth to deep fry pickles. Heat oil on medium-high (to test if the oil is ready, flick a drop or two of water into the oil from a couple of feet back. If it sizzles, the oil is ready for frying).
- Remove from oil using slotted spoon or tongs. Place finished pickles on paper towel to drain oil.
- Serve with Homemade Ranch Dressing (recipe to follow).
|Deep Fried Bacon-Wrapped Pickles! BOW DOWN! Also, they kinda look like severed Mummy fingers, so if you're having a Halloween party, these might fit that bill too!|
|Bruschetta Sliders and a six of beer, sounds like a good night to me!|
|It ain't health food, but sometimes you gotta go for artery clogging goodness!|